Using a manifestation journal will help you get the life you want. When you consistently focus on the things you desire, you'll naturally partner with the universe to make them come true. If you don't know how to get started, don't stress. I'm sharing everything you need to know... plus 55 manifestation journal prompts!
- What is manifestation, exactly?
- How does manifestation work?
- How quickly does manifestation work?
- How often should I manifest?
- Is manifestation good for your health?
- What is manifestation journaling?
- 55 manifestation journal prompts
- My favourite manifestation journals
- Variations on manifestation journaling
- Similar articles
You might be familiar with manifestation if you read the 2006 bestseller, The Secret. Or maybe you heard it mentioned by someone you admire like Deepak Chopra, Eckhart Tolle or Oprah. However you stumbled on manifestation, I'm glad you did.
I started informally practicing manifestation in 2020 and have made it a regular part of my routine since. It's been invaluable in helping me stay focused on the things I want to achieve in my life (like this blog!). And, I know it will be magic for you too.
What is manifestation, exactly?
Before I share my manifestation journal ideas with you, I want to talk about what manifesting really means.
Manifesting (verb): thinking aspirational thoughts with the purpose making them come true.
While that sounds too good to be true, it's really not. It's easy to think manifesting is some woo-woo, New Age practice. In actuality, it's just a spin on the power of positive thinking.
The law of attraction believes that all thoughts eventually become things. So, thinking about all of the positive things you want in your life should bring them your way.
How does manifestation work?
How could that possibly work?!
I'm glad you asked. Often, where your focus goes, your energy flows. Instead of using your mind to think about your stresses and anxieties, try using it to get excited about life's possibilities for you. This consistent visualization of your future self can motivate you to put yourself in situations that help you achieve your goals. When you always have your dream at the forefront of your mind, you'll notice and act on opportunities that will get you closer to your goals when they present themselves.
And, that's the bottom line. Manifesting your dreams into reality can have a profound impact on your life. But, it also takes work.
The author of A Spiritual Entrepreneur says it best:
"Manifesting is making everything you want to feel and experience a reality... via your thoughts, actions, beliefs and emotions."
So, here's how it really works.
- Get clear on what you really want. Make your intentions as specific as you can.
- Ask the universe for exactly what you want. This can be done in a number of ways, but the most popular are prayer, visualization, a vision board, or journaling with manifestation prompts.
- Start working toward your goals. It's a partnership between you and the universe now. Let go of any self-limiting beliefs and go after it. And, don't forget to allow the universe work in your favour.
- Have gratitude for what you receive. You might not get what you want exactly when you want it. But, trust the process. Continue to visualize, have faith and work toward your dreams.
How quickly does manifestation work?
My advice. Don't think of manifestation as a quick solution to all of your problems. Instead, think of it as a practice that over time will help you become the person you want to be.
The magic of manifestation is that it helps you dig deep and discover what you really want, stay focused on achieving your dreams, and keep faith when things don't happen on your timeline.
While there's no timeline, if we can get good at visualizing (and acting on our manifestations), the benefits that manifestation can bring are beyond imagination.
How often should I manifest?
If you learned about manifesting from Tik Tok, then you're probably aware of the #369Method. It involves writing down your manifestation three times in the morning, six times during the day, and nine times in the evening.
If that sounds a little crazy time consuming to you, don't worry, I agree. The good news is that there are many approaches to manifesting and the best approach is the one that feels good for you.
I suggest building manifestation into your daily routine once or twice a day to start.
If you're curious about my practice, here's what I do:
- During my morning routine, I read my most important manifestation (which for me is a paragraph describing exactly who I want to be) and supporting affirmations. This starts my day with a reminder of where I want to go and who I want to be.
- At night, I sit down and write. I use manifestation prompts to dig deeper into what I really want in all aspects of my life.
The key is to be consistent. Like most health habits, from brushing your teeth to exercising, you need to practice daily to get the most benefits.
Is manifestation good for your health?
So far, we've talked about what manifesting can do for your future self. But, what about your present self?
The act of visualizing your goals and dreams can:
- Improve your mood
- Increase your mindfulness
- Help you organize your thought and feelings
- Encourage you to find gratitude for what you already have
And, the list goes on...
But, here's the catch. Be sure to acknowledge and process any negative feelings that arise when you're working through your visualizations. Practice self-love, compassion and reflection when self-limiting beliefs, doubts or other negative feelings come up. Manifesting shouldn't require you to be positive all the time.
What is manifestation journaling?
While there are many ways to visualize, an impactful way for beginners to get started is with a journal (and manifestation journal prompts).
When you begin to write about yourself, you’ll notice that you have more clarity, and will be more aware of the steps you need to take to be where you want to be. There is power in knowing yourself.
Here's how to start a manifestation journal:
- Buy a journal (my favourites are listed at the end of this article)
- Block a 5 minute window in your daily calendar (my preference is right before bed)
- Pick and answer a manifestation prompt from the list below
That's it! Now onto the the manifestation journal ideas.
55 manifestation journal prompts
Be sure to pin this list of manifestation journal prompts for quick reference. Or, if you prefer a hard copy, click here: FREE printable journal prompts for manifesting.
- In detail, describe a desire you want to manifest.
- What emotions would you feel if your desire manifested?
- What steps can you take with the universe to make your desire come true?
- What's stopping you from going after your desire?
- How can you be more patient with your manifestation
- How can you work on cultivating more joy in your life?
- How can you work on cultivating more love in your life?
- My dream life looks like...
- I believe everything is possible for me, even...
- In one year, this is what my life will look like...
- In five years, this is what my life will look like...
- In ten years, this is what my life will look like...
- When I look back on my life, these are the things I will be proud of achieving...
- This year, my goal is to...
- I know I will succeed because...
- What does peace look like to you?
- I will be a more compassionate person by....
- I will prioritize my health by...
- I will protect my energy by...
- The habit I want to change is ____ to allow me to ____.
- I will earn my dream income, which is...
- These are the decisions that I can make right now to work toward my dream life...
- As I grow and change, these are the values I will hold onto and live by...
- I am ready to commit to...
- My ideal partners has these qualities...
- I show love to my ideal partner by...
- I show love to myself by....
- I express my love to the people I care about by _____.
- I know I am loveable because...
- I am willing to let go of ____ to achieve my dream life.
- These are the things I want to experience today...
- These are the things I want to experience this month...
- These are the things I want to experience this year...
- I want to buy _____ this year.
- I need more of _____ in my life.
- If I knew that I wouldn't fail, then I would do this...
- I will practice financial self-care by doing this...
- My dream vacation is _____.
- In my ideal life, I would generate income by _____.
- I deserve abundance because I ____.
- The person I want to be has these qualities.
- The person I want to be does these things daily...
- The person I want to be treats others like this....
- The person I want to be takes care of themself by...
- If my future self wrote me a letter, they'd explain their life like this.
- Write down five positive affirmations that resonate with you.
- List three gifts you want to offer the world.
- Write a thank you letter to the universe for the things you have received in your life so far.
- List three self-limiting beliefs that are holding you back. What will you do to overcome these?
- What is standing in your way right now and what would happen if you could overcome that challenge?
- What have I done recently that's felt like the most authentic version of me? How can I do more of this?
- If I knew I wouldn't be judged, this is what I would do...
- My dream job looks like...
- In one year, I hope my career looks like this...
- The healthiest version of me looks like this...
My favourite manifestation journals
What kind of manifestation journal you buy depends on how you want to journal.
- If you want a guided journal where you simply fill in the blanks, go with the guided manifestation journal.
- If you want a blank notebook where can pick and choose from the manifestation journal prompts above, go with a bullet journal or blank notebook.
Variations on manifestation journaling
I love journaling. Writing down our thoughts, emotions and experiences helps us process, reframe negative thoughts, and change our behaviour.
With that in mind, I say, why stop at manifesting? If you want to go further in improving your well being, I suggest adding one of the below to your journaling routine.
- Gratitude journaling (150 gratitude prompts can be found here)
- Self-love journaling (75 self love prompts can be found here)
- Shadow work journaling (80 shadow work prompts can be found here)
- Nighttime journalling (25 evening journal prompts can be found here)
If you want to learn more about improving your well-being, check out some of my other articles below. Happy, healthy, reading.
Building manifestation journaling into your life takes work, but it's so worth it. Don't forget to download the manifestation journal prompts to help you get started. Be sure to let me know if there are any other manifestation prompts I should add in the comments below.