My name is Cait and I'm the certified holistic nutrition and health coach, recipe developer and food photographer behind Caity Jay. Welcome to my little piece of the internet.
Here at Caitey Jay, you'll quickly find out that eating healthy isn't complicated. You'll find out firsthand that healthy habits can change your life. And you'll come to understand that food truly is medicine.
I started this blog for two reasons. So, let's get into them...
- I want to help you navigate the complex world of nutrition and simplify what it means to eat healthy. That's why every recipe has a breakdown on why I chose the ingredients I did.
- I want to give you the confidence to create easy, real ingredient recipes that are full of flavour. That's why I focus on creating easy recipes you'll actually have the energy to make.
If that piqued your interest, then you’re in the right place. You’re ready to learn about holistic nutrition and how it can benefit you.
So, let's dig in...
What is holistic nutrition?
Holistic nutrition is the daily practice of nurturing your beautiful body through a variety of whole foods that are as close to their natural state as possible.
As a certified holistic nutrition and health coach, I focus on eating real food. That means avoiding long ingredient lists and ditching unhealthy processed foods.
I'm a firm believer that if you take care of your present, you take care of your future. When you feed your body nutrient-dense foods, you’ll not only feel and look better, but you're also doing your future self a favour by preventing chronic disease.
About my recipes
This blog has been my cooking school. Through it, I’ve learned to make a variety of nourishing, real food dishes that my body has thanked me for. I'm so thrilled to share these with you. While you won't walk away from here a Michelin Star Chef, I guarantee you'll walk away from here with healthy, tasty options that you can make every single day.
Here's what I can promise you about my recipes.
- They're made with real, clean ingredients.
- They're made without the use of refined sugar.
- They're designed to nourish your body and mind with a variety of sources of protein, healthy fats, fibre, complex carbs, vitamins and minerals.
- They're easy peasy.
- You'll learn a thing or two about the health benefits of the meal you're about to indulge in.
- Oh, and they're big on flavour (I mean I want you to come back!).
Where to start
If you're just here to cook, then let's get down to business. I've shared a few of my favourite recipes below. Or, go ahead and browse all of my recipes here.
If you're here to gain confidence in the kitchen, I got you too. Check out my cooking resources, or some of my most popular posts below.
If you're here to learn about nutrition and wellness, then I'm truly pumped. Below are a few posts to get you started. Please come join my Instagram community too. I share a lot more about holistic wellness on this channel.
What's my story?
First and foremost, I started off just like you guys. I didn’t go to University to be a dietician. I’m actually a Digital Marketer. I went to school for Marketing and Psychology, and followed that up with an MBA.
Several years ago, on the verge of turning thirty, I became wildly interested in food. In real food, to be precise.
At the time, a persistent health problem led me to the naturopath, where I was prescribed a low-sugar diet. Like any good twenty-something, I had filled my decade with an abundance of wine, chocolate, and late-night pizza that left my body in disarray.
Truth be told, I didn’t believe that cutting my sugar intake would make any difference. Three months later, I was convinced otherwise. Not only did I kick my year-long health problem, but I also dropped weight and felt more in control of my emotions. That’s when I got hooked on nutrition.
The experience showed me first-hand how much of an impact our eating habits have on our physical and mental health.
Being a chronic self-improver, I decided I needed to take this further. That’s when I signed up for the NutraPhoria School of Holistic Nutrition. And, now here I am today!
To stay up to date , I love to read and listen to podcasts as much as I can. I'm a huge fan of the Mind Body Green podcast. And, I'm currently reading Genius Foods and Why We Sleep (both are excellent I might add!).
Through all of this education and a passion for continuous learning, I've reached a point where I feel pretty good about sharing my learnings with you. My hope is that they can help you make meaningful changes in your life too.
But, let's be clear... I'm not a professional chef.
All of the recipes on my site are for the amateur cook looking for approachable, healthy meals.
In other words, me several years ago. Fun fact: when I fell in love with holistic nutrition, I had no idea how to cook. Having never learned as a kid, I was truly awful.
But, you know what I discovered? It's not that hard and it's not that time consuming. Stick with me and you'll discover that too.
Get in touch
I hope you enjoy the dishes I curate, create, and photograph. ♡
- If you have specific questions or comments about my recipes or articles, please share them in the comment section of the post.
- If you just want to say hi, send me a note at [email protected]
- If you want to receive my latest recipes and cooking tips right in your inbox, subscribe to my newsletter here.
- If you want to hang out, join me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook or TikTok.
- If you want to collaborate, email me at [email protected] to see how we can work together (or click here to learn more).
I can't wait to hear from you!