This 5-ingredient matcha vanilla latte is creamy, delicious and just the right amount of sweet. Not to mention, it's packed with health benefits thanks to the green tea matcha powder. Will you swap your coffee out for this?
- 1 cup cashew milk, warmed
- 1 cup water, boiled
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, see note)
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Sprinkle of cinnamon for topping (optional)
- Prepare the vanilla bean by using a knife to slice the bean open lengthwise. Then scrape out the inside with a small spoon.
- Add water, milk and vanilla bean to a small saucepan. Warm on medium high heat and bring to a soft boil. Then remove from heat.
- Add the boiled mixture, matcha powder and coconut oil to a blender.
- Blend on the lowest speed, slowly increasing to medium, for approximately 20 seconds, or until frothy and combined.
- Pour the mixture into your mugs.
- Sweeten to taste with honey (optional).
- Add ice cubes if you want it served cold.
- This recipe can be made in the milk frother. To do so, skip step 1 and 2 as the milk frother will warm the liquids for you. Instead, simply add water, cashew milk, matcha powder, vanilla bean and coconut oil to the milk frother and turn it on. You can sweeten to taste after.
- Water temperature matters. The ideal water temperature for matcha is 176 degrees Fahrenheit (just before boiling). Lower water temperatures will results in softer, mellower flavour. Higher temperatures will results in a more bitter flavour. So, if using the stovetop method, remove the saucepan from the heat just before it reaches a rolling boil.
- Store your leftover vanilla bean in an airtight container at room temperature. Here's how.
Keywords: matcha, vanilla matcha, tea, latte