A cookie with health benefits? What a wild concept. But, it's true. These 20 minute hemp cookies are full of wholesome, clean ingredients that offer your body nourishment. That makes them a much healthier alternative to grocery store cookies that are packed with artificial ingredients, chemicals and a whole lot of sugar. So, let’s get baking, shall we?
- 3/4 cup smooth unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup of Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large glass bowl, combine almond butter, coconut palm sugar and egg with hand mixer.
- Add in hemp seeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate chips if using. Stir gently until combined. Dough consistency should be sticky.
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Use a cookie scoop to create 15 dough balls and place on parchment paper.
- Score each cookie with a fork to flatten. Optionally, sprinkle with additional hemp seeds.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on the cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then place in an airtight container and store on the counter for up to four days.
- Let cool completely. The cohesiveness of low-carb baked goods improves after being cooled. So, please resist digging in to the cookies too soon or you'll end up with a pile of crumbs.
Keywords: healthy desserts, baking recipes, easy recipes