Burger King Chicken Fries are good. I'll admit it. But, they aren't exactly good for you. So, I created a healthier variation of this fast food favourite that you can make from the comfort of your kitchen.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch wide strips lengthwise (approximately 5 per breast)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F.
- Set up your stations. To do so, you'll need to get three shallow dishes. In the first, add the flour. In the second, add the beaten eggs. In the third, combine the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt, italian seasoning and chili powder.
- Coat the chicken fries. Dip a chicken fry into the flour mixture, turning to coat evenly. Then place it into the beaten eggs, again turning to coat evenly. Finally, transfer this chicken fry to the third dish and coat thoroughly in the breadcrumb mixture. Place aside on an empty plate. Repeat this process with all remaining chicken fries.
- Transfer the breaded chicken fries to the air fryer basket. Ensure they're placed in a single layer without overlap. This will achieve the crispiest results.
- Air fryer the chicken fries for 12 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark.
- Pat-dry chicken with paper towels. Before starting the recipe, dry the chicken thoroughly with paper towel. This step is will ensure crispier, perfectly browned chicken fries.
- Use fresh chicken breasts if you can. Fresh meat will make juicier, more tender chicken fries.
- Be sure to discard leftover breading as it has been contaminated by raw chicken and egg.
- This helps the crust bind together, giving you a crispier exterior. It's not a must, but can make these chicken fries even tastier.
Keywords: air fryer recipes, air fryer, chicken recipes