With only 15 minutes and 3 ingredients, you'll be set to make healthy, delicious Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs that taste just like they're off the grill.
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of best wing rub (or make a one-time spice rub using the ingredients below)
- 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce (use a low-sugar barbecue sauce, like the ones shared below)
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 375° F
- Add chicken thighs to a mixing bowl and pat dry with paper towel.
- Add dry rub to the mixing bowl and use your hands to rub the seasoning onto the chicken thighs until they are well coated.
- Place the chicken thighs in the air fryer basket and cook for 9 minutes.
- Transfer the thighs to a plate and brush in barbecue sauce.
- Place the chicken thighs back in the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes.
- Dry rub won't stick to chicken thighs if they're moist. That's why it's important to dry the remove all excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the type of air fryer and size of chicken thighs. It's best to check for doneness using a meat thermometer. Chicken thighs should be at an internal temperature of 165°F.
- It's helpful to use similar sized chicken thighs so that they have the same cooking time.