This creamy vegan chipotle ranch dressing will quickly become your favourite dressing and dipping sauce. The best part? It's a condiment that's made without dairy, gluten or refined sugar.
1 cup raw unsalted cashews (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes or overnight in cool water)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup of of unsweetened non-dairy milk or water
1.5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 tsp adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 clove garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon of dried dill or a pinch of dill weed
- Place cashews in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can soak overnight in cool water.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- Transfer cashews into your blender and add remaining ingredients, except dill.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes or until a creamy and smooth texture is achieved. Pause and scrape sides as needed.
- Add dill and pulse twice at low speed to mix in.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours for best consistency and flavour.
- Enjoy on salads, bowls, sandwiches, or as your favourite dip.
- Don't have a blender? No worries. You can use a food processor or immersion blender instead. Although, the consistency will be slightly less smooth than when prepared with a blender. With both alternatives, be sure to soak the cashews for an additional 10 minutes.
- Dressing too thick? Add additional almond milk or water to thin the dressing.
- Dressing too thin? Add additional soaked cashews or vegan mayonnaise. My favourite is Primal Kitchen avocado mayo.
- Let the dressing sit before use. All cashew-based dressings will thicken as they sit. This time also allows the flavours to come together.
Keywords: healthy condiments, blender recipes, easy recipes