This sour apple smoothie is not only simple to make, but also packed with plenty of fibre, fat and protein. Start your day off right by sipping on this refreshing, nutrient-dense shake.
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1.5 lemons, juiced
- 1 granny smith apples (green apple), core removed
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup english cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 handful of ice
- 1/4 cup frozen avocado (optional)
- Add the ingredients to your blender in the following order: coconut water, lemon juice, spinach, greek yogurt, cucumber, granny smith apple, chia seeds, frozen banana, ice and frozen avocado (if using).
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds. This will vary based on your blender, so blend until you reach your desired consistency.
Keywords: smoothie, shake, high protein smoothie, plant-based protein smoothie, healthy smoothie, healthy shake