If you have a sweet tooth, but have a hard time stopping after just one serving (like me), I have a solution for you: paleo brownies in a mug.
- 1/4 cup of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder (gluten free optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 square of 90% dark chocolate or 1 tablespoon of Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
- Combine ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Whisk together until the batter has a thick and creamy consistency. This will take approximately 30 seconds.
- Prepare an 8 oz mug or 3 inch ramekin for baking by greasing it with avocado oil spray or alternative.
- Pour batter into the mug or ramekin and drop ½ square of dark chocolate in the centre. Alternatively, you could top with a handful of Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Bake in the microwave for 1 minute. Cooking time will vary by microwave, but be careful not to cook too long or your mug cake will have a dry and tough texture.
- Add toppings if desired. I use sliced strawberries and whipped cream most often.
- Low carb baked goods stick more than the traditional variety. So, make sure to really grease the corners of your pan.
- 3 inch ramekin. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Be sure to use an oven safe
- Let your almond flour baked goods cool completely. The cohesiveness of low-carb baked goods improves after being cooled. So, please resist digging in to the brownie too soon or you'll end up with a pile of crumbs.