The right oatmeal recipe is anything but bland. Since steel cut oats are the perfect building block for a nutritious breakfast, I want to show you how good they can taste when you mix in just the right toppings. My bowl of goodness offers up sweet and savoury flavours. And the best part is, with the help of your Instant Pot, it's incredibly easy to make.
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Toppings (per bowl)
- 15 g of coconut smiles
- 1 tablespoon of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 dash of cinnamon
1. Add the steel cut oats, water and salt into a 6-quart Instant Pot. Stir well. Secure lid and ensure the steam release valve is set to sealing.
2. Select the porridge setting on your Instant Pot.
3. When the cooking cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. After this time, use a towel to turn the steam release valve to venting - this will release the remaining pressure.
4. Carefully remove the lid and stir the oats. While they might appear runny at first, this step will thicken up the mixture.
5. Top with coconut smiles, greek yogurt, ground flax seed, blueberries and cinnamon.
Keywords: Healthy Breakfast, Oatmeal