Steel cut oats are the perfect healthy, weekday breakfast. But, they can be a pain to cook on the stovetop. Luckily, with the help of your pressure cooker, they become an incredibly easy breakfast to make. Read this article and you'll never again Google: how to cook steel cut oats in Instant Pot.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 cups of steel cut oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add steel cut oats, water and salt into a 6-quart Instant Pot. Stir well. Secure lid and ensure the steam release valve is set to sealing.
- Set the cooking time to 4 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. After this time, use a towel to turn the steam release valve to venting - this will release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the oats. While they might appear runny at first, stirring will thicken up the mixture.
- Top with your favourite toppings.
- To prepare in 8-quart Instant Pot: Reduce the cooking time to 3 minutes on high. Keep the natural release at 10 minutes. You can double the recipe if you want a bigger batch, but you don't need to.
- To prepare in 3-quart Instant Pot: Follow the same cooking instructions as for the 6-quart. But, you'll need to cut the recipe in half.
- To prepare the night before: Scroll up and read the How to make Instant Pot overnight oatmeal section. It's as easy as setting the delayed start button on your Instant Pot to 30 minutes before you wake up the next morning.