Healthy porridge that's great for weight loss thanks to high protein toppings like almond butter, chia seeds, ground flax seed and cacao nibs.
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 sliced banana
- 2 tablespoon of almond butter (my homemade almond butter recipe is here)
Prepare steel cut oats in Instant Pot:
- Add steel cut oats, water, vanilla extract and cinnamon to Instant Pot
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, seal the pressure valve, and select porridge setting on Instant Pot. If you don't have this setting, select manual and set the cooking time to 3 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time ends, let the oatmeal sit in the pot and naturally release the pressurized steam for 20 minutes.
- Flip the valve to let out remaining steam.
Put together porridge bowl:
- Split oatmeal between two bowls.
- Top each bowl with half the ground flaxseed, chia seeds, cacao nibs, raspberries, sliced banana and almond butter
- Stir together and enjoy!
Keywords: healthy breakfast, low sugar breakfast, breakfast bowls, almond butter, porridge, oatmeal bowl