Once you try healthy homemade granola, you won't go back to the store-bought variety. Not only is it better for you, but it's also incredibly easy to make. All you need is a sheet pan and basic pantry ingredients. If you love chocolate and you love granola, you're going to love this chocolate granola recipe. You'll finally have a good reason to start your day with chocolate.
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds
- 2/3 cup of coconut smiles
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine most of the dry ingredients. This includes the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut smiles, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. This includes the coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Then drizzle it over the dry ingredients and give everything a good toss until it’s evenly mixed.
- Spread mix evenly across pan. Line a baking sheet and pour the granola mix from the large bowl on top. Spread out evenly across baking pan to ensure even cooking. Lightly press down with a spatula to help create clumps in granola.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Baking slow and low is the secret to making healthy homemade granola. Any hotter than 350 degrees and you'll burn parts of your mix before it's ready. The nuts, seeds, and coconut smiles may burn before the batch has a chance to dry out and crisp up. Keep an eye on your mixture, stir it from time to time, and remove it from the oven when it's golden brown.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in a dark cupboard at room temperature. It will last for up to one month.
- To get more clumps in your granola: Use a spatula to gently press down on the mixture when adding it to the baking sheet. Do this again 10 minutes into baking. Also, be sure to let the granola cool completely before breaking up the mixture.
- It's wise to use a rimmed baking sheet: The edges ensure no granola falls off during baking.
Keywords: healthy breakfast, healthy granola, breakfast recipe, easy healthy recipe