With only 10 minutes of prep time and 5 ingredients, you'll be able to bake these delicious, healthier pumpkin cookies. They're gluten free, low in sugar and high in fibre. So, this is a cookie you can truly feel good about eating.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Be sure to keep a handful of chocolate chips aside. We will use these to top the cookies just before baking.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper (optional).
- Use a cookie scoop to create 26 cookie dough balls on the baking sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten the cookie dough balls. These cookies will not spread while baking, so be sure to form them in the shape you're looking for before they go in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Remember, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie mix are different. You will find both canned pumpkin puree ad pumpkin pie mix near the baking aisle. The mix is actually a pre-made pumpkin pie filling that's loaded with sugar. The puree is generally labeled "organic pumpkin" or "100% pure pumpkin."
- These don't taste like a traditional cookie because their consistency is more similar to a granola bar or energy ball. But, they will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth thanks to the natural sweetener and stevia-sweetened dark chocolate chips.
Keywords: healthy desserts, baking recipes, easy recipes