This healthy chocolate banana smoothie is filled with wholesome ingredients that will satisfy your chocolate craving without guilt. As a fellow chocolate-addict, I've been on a mission to develop a healthy chocolate protein shake recipe that tastes good and is good for me too. So, grab your blender and let's get blending.
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 4-6 handfuls of frozen spinach, to taste
- 1/2 cup of frozen avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- Add nut milk to the blender, since you always add liquids first.
- Layer on cocoa powder, ground flaxseed, and protein powder.
- Next add frozen greens.
- Finally top with frozen ingredients, the avocado and banana.
- Place the lid on the blender and blend on the highest setting for 30 - 60 seconds.
- Use the brownest bananas you can: Ripe bananas are naturally sweet, which means you’ll require less added sugar.
- Order of ingredients matters: Here's the order from the bottom to the top: liquids, protein powders and sweeteners, leafy greens, yogurts and nut butters, fruits and nuts/seeds, and finally frozen ingredients.
Keywords: smoothie, healthy breakfast, easy healthy recipe, vitamix