This almond milk berry smoothie is filled with nutrient-dense ingredients that come together to create a tasty, creamy, healthy shake. And, the best part... it's refined sugar free.
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 cups of frozen spinach
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add the ingredients to your blender in the following order: almond milk, ground flaxseed, almond butter, frozen spinach, frozen raspberries, frozen banana, ice.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds. This will vary based on the blender you use. So, continue blending until you reach your desired consistency.
- Use the brownest bananas you can: Bananas that are super ripe are naturally sweet, which means you won't need to add any extra sweetening to your shake.
- The order of ingredients in your blender affects the final consistency of your smoothie. If you want a delicious, creamy, frothy shake, you need to understand when to add each ingredient. I put together an infographic to take the guesswork out of this. Feel free to save, pin or print this guide so you have it handy next time you’re making a smoothie.
- If you want to know more about how to build the perfect smoothie, I got you. I wrote a whole post about it, in fact. Check it out here.
How to store:
- Fridge: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Freezer: store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.