Guilt-free waffles exist? They sure do. Low-carb, high protein waffles put a healthy spin on everyone's favourite Sunday morning breakfast. And the best part is, they're a breeze to whip up, using less than 10 ingredients and less than 10 minutes of your time. Winning all around.
- Place the kodiak cakes waffle and flapjack mix, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract into a medium sized bowl. Use a hand mixer or whisk to blend until smooth.
- Spray the waffle maker lightly with avocado oil and turn it on to to preheat. Preheating is an important step - if your waffle maker isn't hot enough, the waffles might stick to the pan when it's time to remove them.
- Once hot, transfer the batter into the waffle maker and close the lid. Make sure the batter is thick in consistency - if it's too runny, the waffle will not cook evenly and you'll end up with bites of uncooked waffle.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes. This will vary, so be sure to check your manufacturers instructions. Typically, the waffles are done when there is no longer steam coming out.
- Add to a plate and top with chopped up or shaved dark chocolate, almond butter, sliced banana and a touch of syrup.
Keywords: breakfast, protein waffles, almond butter