This almond butter breakfast bowl proves once and for all that breakfast can be tasty and healthy at the same time. With creamy greek yogurt, savoury almond butter, and a load of sweet toppings, you're sure to be adding this to your weekday routine.
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of glutenull quiona granola
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- A handful of your favourite fresh or frozen berries
- Place greek yogurt in a bowl: Measure 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and place it in a bowl. The higher the fat content, the creamier the yogurt. I generally use organic, 2% greek yogurt..
- Sprinkle granola on top of yogurt: Add 2 tablespoons of glutenull quinoa granola on top of the yogurt. You can replace this with another brand or homemade granola. Just watch the sugar content on the granola you select, as these can often be full of hidden sugars.
- Slice a banana and place in a row across yogurt: Place sliced banana across the top of the bowl. I use 1/2 a banana to lower the sugar content.
- Add a handful of frozen or fresh berries of your choice: Place berries next to the banana on top of the yogurt. I use raspberries and blueberries most frequently.
- Top with almond butter and cacao nibs: Finally, top the bowl with1 tablespoon of almond butter and 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs.
Keywords: healthy breakfast, low sugar breakfast, breakfast bowls, almond butter