My favourite thing about air fryer granola? It's quick and easy to make. You can enjoy a homemade batch of this almond honey granola in only 25 minutes. So, let's get started!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey (use 3 tablespoons if you want it to be sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 pinches of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine rolled oats, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the base of the air fryer. Poke a few small holes in the it so that the hot air can circulate.
- Line the air fryer basket with with parchment paper. Spread granola mix evenly on top.
- Air fry for approximately 20 minutes. Every 5 minutes, remove the basket from the air fryer and stir the mixture. Be sure to keep an eye on the granola in the final minutes as it can burn easily.
- Remove from the air fryer and let the granola cool completely on a baking sheet before storing. The granola will crisp up further during this time.
- Store in airtight container in the cupboard.
- Enjoy as a snack or on top of your favourite breakfast bowl.
- Be sure to use rolled oats. Quick oats and steel cut oats do not work well in this recipe.
- Rolled oats burn easily. Keep an eye on the granola in the final minutes.
- To get more clumps in your granola: Use a spatula to gently press down on the mixture when adding it to the air fryer. Do this again 10 minutes into baking. Also, be sure to let the granola cool completely before breaking up the mixture.
- This granola can also be baked in the oven. Instead of using an air fryer, spread the granola mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes. Once baked, let the granola cool completely before enjoying.